I know what you must be thinking… What do anchors and giving birth have in common! What literally not a lot hahaha! But metaphorically they have a lot! I ask the question-What is one system or tool are you going to introduce to streamline your life?
My suggestion to you are Anchors- These are great little tools that I used when I was pregnant. They helped me remember where I left my car keys and helped to trigger me to chill out and get all zen like! But mostly they kept me grounded. And when you are feeling grounded, you have more control and clarity and this my friends is wonderful! Wonderful because you start to feel great and you attract greatness into your life. Including when my husband squeezed my hand during labour it reminded me to stay calm…
As I entered into my own career growth I was using more and more anchors. And now in my own business. When life is getting full on and you are in an unknown world, anchors can be your saviours.
For many of my clients I have suggested several anchors. These are most useful when you are entering into a phase of being out of your comfort zone and the wheels feel wobbly. If you take constant strategic action you will start to see some very dramatic results.
Try adding one or some of these new habits to your working day:
1. Buy a coffee/smoothie/juice at a cafe BUT actually have it there. Sit there for 15 mins and just chill out… watch people walk past..just be.
2. Start meditating, even if it is 15 mins to begin with in the morning. Adding this to your morning ritual sets your mind and energy at the best pace for the day ahead.
3. Writing in a gratitude journal everyday. Start with writing down 10 things you are grateful for. Be specific!
4. Try planning your life in quarters. Like Jan/Feb/March/April, then monthly, then weekly. Then prepare for the day ahead the night before. Write down your action list so you know exactly where you are at. Way easier to see your life chunked down. This is where you can plan your fitness regime, your meals, your holiday time etc
5. Download some podcasts that will fulfill some hobby you are interested in. Perhaps some personal development podcasts to keep you moving through your limiting barriers. Whatever floats your boat start becoming an expert in subjects you just love!
6. WALK. Good ol fashion walking clears the mind and has an amazing ability to ground. This simple act can get the blood moving around, the adrenalin pumping, everything needed to get endorphins kicking. This way you start to find solutions.
7. Create 3 goals that you want to achieve this year. Look at them daily, visualize them, and check in each month that you are taking daily actions towards achieving them.
8. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. This doesn’t include your family hahaha! You can’t choose them right…Be with your friends who uplift your who don’t let you wallow, hold you accountable to becoming the best version of yourself.
9. Delete, Delegate and Automate-
- What can you delete from your daily life that is not serving you- Old beliefs that are not true! Bad friendships, Sugar, Alcohol, bad or negative thoughts.
- What can you delegate? Often freeing up time (even if you have to spend abit of $) it can make a huge difference in your life- Cleaner, Lawnmowing etc.
- What can you automate? Bills online, online shopping, reminders on your phone etc
You are in charge of your own life, your own thoughts and actions. Imagine if you started today, one foot in front of the other, where you would be in one year.